From The Learning Bank
Revision as of 21:04, July 25, 2013 by LDAMinnesota
To edit a page you will first need to create an account.
Creating an Account:
- Head to the top of any page on the wiki and hover over the "User menu" tab at the top.
- This will pop up the options to log in or sign up. Choose the one on the left.
- This will take you to the sign in page. If you already have an account, enter your username and password and start editing. If you don't, click "sign up" and enter the information required. Congratulations, you now have an account.
Editing a Page:
- Read our Posting Policies!
- Sign in and navigate to the page you wish to edit.
- Select edit from the list of options on the right side of your screen.
- When you're done editing select save page, or show preview to see what the page will look like when you're done editing.
- If you take a long time to edit a page the wiki may log you out of your account, so that when you save the page it will return you to the edit view and ask you to select the cat photos from a series of photos (to ensure you aren't a spammer). Do so and save the page again to make your edits stick.
Creating a New Page
- To create a new page, first read out Posting Policies.
- Email the name of your article, the content, and what category you think it should fall under to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're feeling ambitious, or are fairly tech-savvy, you can alternatively:
- Click on the "Create New Page" tab at the top of the page and click edit.
- Write the title of your article, then select the text and click "link" (the chain icon at the top of the editing box).
- When the pop-up box comes up, make sure the "to a wiki page" button is selected. If you're creating a new article, the box should say that the article doesn't exist yet.
- Click "ok" and save the page.
- There should be a red link on the page after you save it. Click the red link to take you to the editing view of your new page.
- Save the page when you're done.
How to know where to categorize an article